Thursday, October 25, 2012

Welcome America!

Building America's Foundation is now officially open for business. America's home owners and college students and their families are in need of some real tangible relief and our non-profit is aiming to provide it. I must say that after years of development starting in December 2008 with the original website, payoffthemortgage.org. I am humbled to see my orginal vision of starting a charity to help homeowners to pay down/off their mortgages take shape. The journey since 2008 has been an interesting one. I have personally seen the unemployment line for about six months in 2009, to my wife, Laura, and I paying off our mortgage in July 2010. We have truly lived through the ups and downs, twists and turns our US economy has thrown at all of us. If it was not for owners of my last employer, Pacific West Securities, deciding to close their business, I may have not embarked on this journey to establish a non-profit, develop websites, complete state registrations and file the 1023 application (tax exemption-IRS). Please take your time checking out our flagship website:. Most important of all: Donate. We all may want a better world and to help others but the fact is donations are what make this all happen. Many people gave me their spare change and a few bucks here and there. Luckily, I was disciplined enough to apply the funds directly to our principle balance in order to pay down our mortgage balanceand ultimately own our home. I can only promise to apply every donation as wisely as possible in helping those according to our mission. Together we can rally around families in our communities to provide much needed assistance and relief. Please donate and tell your friends to visit the websites. Thanks for your support, Todd Schuerman Founder and CEO Building America's Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment